Vegan "Dairy" and "Meats"
Dear Vegan at Heart,
Today's mission is to add vegan “dairy” and “meats” to your shopping list.
Ten years ago, mainstream grocery stores didn't carry non-dairy milks and soy or wheat meats. Lucky that you're trying this now! Chances are, you've tried some and have an opinion but have you tried every kind? Prolly not! The fun thing about incorporating vegan routines is that you have the freedom to try all kinds of brands and flavors to find your favorite.
- Put "non-dairy milk" on your shopping list. If you've only tried soy milk, try a rice or nut milk….or a different brand. Note: some people find soy milk more difficult to digest. Take note of how you feel after each one.
- Put "non-dairy butter" on your list. Some grocery stores carry Earth Balance, Soy Garden, or Willow Run, which are all brands that many people think taste the most like dairy butter. If not, they will probably carry Benecol or Smart Balance.
- Add "meat replacer" to your list. Check out what kind of veggie burgers or soy sausages they have. Read the ingredients to make sure there are no egg whites in there!
- Add "vegan ice cream" to your list. Swing by the frozen section to see what they've got. If they don't have vegan brands such as So Delicious, Soy Dream, or Tofutti, look for a vegan sorbet. Treat yourself for doing this mission!
- Schedule a time to go to the grocery store this week. Write it in your calendar.
P.s. Water and vitamins. Nuff said.
1 2 3 4 5